Sunday, October 01, 2006

A Sunday Outing in Git Dubling


In the school playground playing Basket Ball


Out and About in Git Dubling


How many of us can fit in this picture?



Down by the River in Git Dubling



I spent most of my weekends whilst I was in West Bengal in Git Dubling. This being the village town of the Hill Region I was working in and the parish centre for this area.

I stayed with the Sisters of St. Joseph of Cluny, in the Convent beside St. Joseph's School and the Hostel for the pupils of St. Joseph's school, who live too far from the school to travel there daily.

The roads in this area are very poor, the only public transport is byJeep, of which there are 2 or 3 daily travelling between Git Dubling and Kalimpong the nearest Town.

The jeeps transport passengers,produce for the market in Kalimpong and animals. They also transport any excess milk, from any villager who has milk to sell, to the cooling plant in a village situated between Git Dubling and Kalimpong.

On a Sunday, after the morning sevice, I used to enjoy spending time with the residents of the hostel.

No comments: